You are now entering the world of the Control Loop Processor that is currently being developed under ESA sponsorship by SABCA (Société Anonyme Belge de Constructions Aéronautiques), with the support of BELSPO, in the framework of the General Support Technology Programme (GSTP).
This technology is a solution for fully deterministic control of electromechanical systems. It is capable to generate executable code from a mathematical model, that is executed in a deterministic manner on the processor, thereby assuring that the executable code is completely representative of the model. This software-programmable solution is furthermore targeted for applications that require a high processing throughput (performance and/or precision) and that have a repetitive aspect.
The technology is currently being developed under ESA sponsorhip in the framework of the General Support Technology Programme (GSTP). It is commonly acknowledged that the technology certainly merits its place on the market.
Prototypes are planned for 2016 and qualified space flight parts will be available by 2018.
In the CLP technology section of this website you will find the following:
- The application development technology: discusses in broad lines how applications can be built and how they can be integrated and validated.
- The CLP technology has undergone a long development history and has grown gradually in the past.
- In subsequent sections we will present the different components of the solution: the processor and the evaluation board, and the development suite that is foreseen.
- Next, we will take a closer look on those application areas where the CLP technology is expected to bring major benefits.
In the CLP users section you will find:
- what the CLP program is about
- the deliverables that will be made available to the user
- what a user needs in order to get started
- how the program can help
- a CLP users corner where you can interact with the program (download tools, participate in discussions,…). You need to be registered in order to get access to the users corner.
In the documentation section you will find additional background material on CLP.
Please consult this site regularly as it will be updated frequently in the near future